A Facility Manager is a responsible position for handling multiple tasks simultaneously. He or she will have all the data regarding systems, equipment, workforce, and facilities. Working in association with the management, the FM will help plan, develop, promulgate and monitor several activities. Pursuing a facility management course in Dubai is the first step toward joining this career.
Steps for Becoming a Facility Manager
Facility management courses in Dubai are essential for shaping your career. Obtaining qualifications from a reputed educational institution can elevate your chances of getting selected by renowned firms and multinational companies.
The steps for becoming a successful facility manager include:
Graduation Relevant to the Field: You cannot pinpoint a specific bachelor’s degree program for facility management. The job requires you to have diverse managerial capabilities. Man management, time management, and material management are a few of the necessary skills that would help you perform better. Accordingly, the suitable degree programs for a facility manager include accounting, business administration, and operation management.
Choose the Training Module: Specialised facility management sectors necessitate specific training. Choose the training module depending on the job profile you seek. Professional teachers at academies offering facility management courses in Dubai can guide you in this regard.
Get the Apt Certification: Certification courses are available with task-oriented coaching. Sustainability within the workplace, facility management supervisor, and overall facility management facilitator is the commonly chosen certifications. The certifications offered by the facility management course in Dubai include:
- Facility Management Certified Professional Program: The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) also offers this highly valued certification program. The facility management professional certificate program has a comprehensive curriculum for instilling knowledge of various facility management aspects. Highly valued and recognized across the globe, the certification can get you a job in top organizations. The aspirants with the requisite education qualification can join this course.
- Certified Facility Manager Credential: Certified facility manager credential provides in-depth knowledge and learning experience to professionals. Comprising industry-standard topics, this coaching program assesses the person’s skills and knowledge. And imparts knowledge on core concepts and vital fields. General management, risk assessment, and management, planning and promulgation, formulation of methodologies, etc are included in this program. With the digital and physical badges and certificates the course offers, the aspirant can boost the chances of career growth.
- Sustainability Facility Professional Certificate Program: This is another facility management course in Dubai. The IFMA certification course imparts knowledge on workplace sustainability aspects. By undergoing this course, the professional would become extremely capable facility managers to introduce novel methodologies, working practices, and managerial techniques.
How to Become a Successful Facility Manager?
Facility management is a career that promises decent pay and perks. Only able personnel with optimistic traits and managerial skills can perform well in this job. Professional educational institutions providing facility management courses in Dubai can help you earn the knowledge, skill, and capabilities for becoming successful in this field.
The traits a facility manager must have are:
- Man, material, and time management: You will be handling multiple jobs simultaneously. Limited manpower, time constraints, and material shortage impede the smooth functioning at times. Only a person with management skills would be able to handle such scenarios.
- Leadership: A facility manager is the leader of a large team. S/he must guide, motivate and lead the team. No one likes a demotivated leader. Your success lies in your capability to remain positive always.
Do you think you can become a successful facility manager? For more info on the facility management courses in Dubai, contact us now.