Digitization has transformed every industry evidently. Not only the working culture has changed but also the efficiency of systems and employees have gone up phenomenally. The facility management and associated operations are expected to meet the risen requirements.
The facility management courses have also been witnessing modifications since the new millennium. The integration of digital technology has made the field more productive than ever before.
What Does the Trend Say About Facility Management?
Improved efficiency, with the advent of technology, has led to increased expectations. Facility managers nowadays are expected to deliver seamless and proper service. They must be able to handle things efficiently, monitor the tasks consistently, maintain equipment and accessories meticulously, and remain consistent with their performance.
A few of the technological advancements that are changing the facility management sector are:
- IoT: The Internet of Things (IoT) has presented facility managers with limitless options. Maintaining colanders, ascertaining the condition of equipment, manpower management, data collection and segregation, operational readiness, etc can be confirmed without running around. The facility managers must have adequate knowledge about IoT and should know the operation.
- Digital Workspace Management: Digital technology has infiltrated every walks of life. It has made every task a lot easier than before. Nonetheless, a detailed understanding of the technology and technical elements is essential to reap the best benefit. Companies will have multiple works going on simultaneously. The facility manager must keep a tag on all the activities, the requirements, the important tasks to be undertaken, and so on. Digital workspace management has a vital role in ensuring everything goes smoothly. The FM must have knowledge and experience in digital workspace management.
- Data Analytics: Data management, data analysis, and data maintenance are some of the roles of the facility manager. Normally, an FM is bombarded with a multitude of data pertaining to different departments. S/he should assess the data, maintain a proper record and act as and when required. Data analytics offered by state-of-the-art algorithms have made these tasks simple and effective. A facility manager with knowledge of data analytics software can explore it to deliver the best to the company.
What is the Future Scope of the Facility Management Course?
Choosing the right facility management course is crucial. Since you are reading this article, you might be looking forward to joining a facility management course. Joining a recognized course, that would offer you a wide range of career opportunities, is essential.
A few of the fields with high prospects of a job in the facility management field are:
- Systems Inspection and Maintenance: The facility manager is responsible for the fault-free and efficient functioning of all the hardware systems in the organization. Understanding the maintenance and management aspects of such systems (for example elevators) is important to perform the duties. Regular inspections, periodic maintenance, preventive maintenance tasks, and predictive maintenance are part of the FM’s roles. The facility manager course should have topics in these fields.
- Environment, Health, and Safety: An environment-friendly atmosphere is what almost all countries looking at. The EHS-based facility manager courses are of high significance presently. The course you join must provide insight into EHS regulations, the extant policies, laws, etc. The facility manager is answerable to the authority in case of any issues related to this.
- Space Management: Software-aided facility management is a common concept presently. With advanced software available, space, material, and man management have become convenient. The facility manager course must include the managerial aspects in the curriculum and train the aspirants to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Transportation: Managing the transportation of workers and other staff in the organization is also the responsibility of the FM. Prudent planning and management are necessary for handling this task. Assessment of the situation and institution of corrective measures are required.
The importance of facility management courses is growing with the day. One can get a job at reputed firms with the qualifications gained from reputed academies offering the facility management course.