Scoring a grade of 7+ in the IELTS exam necessitates methodical preparation, along with an optimistic attitude. Studying and memorizing will not be sufficient when it comes to this intricate exam. IELTS preparation you undergo must be a systematic one with a focus on the core elements. Recognizing your strengths and weaknesses can make way for a productive IELTS exam preparation.
The academies that provide IELTS training in Dubai are supposed to look into this aspect. They should assess each student and evaluate his or her capabilities. Just providing a generic training program may not be enough. By rendering tailored IELTS training in Dubai and proper feedback for ensuring improvement, Your Own became one of the most successful IELTS coaching centers in Dubai.
How to Understand Your Strengths and Weaknesses?
Finding one’s strengths and weaknesses is not an easy task. As we would be blind to our flaws most of the time. Especially in the case of the IELTS exam. A general presumption on this may not be correct most of the time. A definite assessment is necessary for productive IELTS preparation. Of course, experienced teachers offering IELTS preparation in Dubai can help with recognizing your strong areas and flaws. You may also try to find the strengths and flaws.
1. Sit, relax, and contemplate how your mind feels about the IELTS exam. How was your approach during IELTS preparation? Were you concerned during the preparation of any of the specific sections? Did you feel confident with any of the areas?
The test sections in which you felt concerned are your weak areas. And in which you felt confident are your strengths. This is the generic analysis you can derive.
2. What is your score on the practice tests? The score during the practice sessions and mock tests can be considered a tool for identifying strengths and weaknesses. The coaching centers providing IELTS coaching, Dubai also use this as a yardstick to formulate further coaching of the student.
If the performance is down due to a lack of enough IELTS preparation, you may attempt a mock test after sufficient preparation next time. The grades are low even after necessary preparation, it means just only one thing; you are weak in that section.
3. Is the IELTS preparation going smoothly? Is any particular test of the IELTS exam worrying you more than the others? Are you disinterested in the preparation of a specific test section (s)? Students lack interest in the subject or test section when he or she is weak in that one.
Hence, this is a direct indication of your weakness. Allocating more time to the preparation of that section would be highly effective. Furthermore, you may discuss the issue with the tutors providing IELTS training in Dubai. They can offer tips and tricks to overcome this dilemma.
How to Go Ahead About IELTS Preparation?
The IELTS exam comprises four tests viz. IELTS Speaking, IELTS Writing, IELTS Reading, and IELTS Listening. The exam is formulated in such a way as to evaluate the English proficiency of the candidate meticulously. Therefore, memorizing things will not be effective, if you are desiring to score a grade above 7.
The methods you can use for the preparation of each section of the IELTS exam are:
IELTS Speaking: A person’s confidence and language proficiency are reflected in the way he or she speaks. The IELTS speaking test is for analyzing how fluently the individual can converse and how efficiently the person can convey ideas. The methods for IELTS speaking test preparation include:
- Improve word power by reading more English books, listening to conversations, etc.
- Prepare by talking in front of a mirror. Avoid unwanted body language that may come up while speaking.
- Guidance during IELTS training in Dubai would be helpful for improving English speaking skills.
IELTS Writing: IELTS Writing test necessitates you to prepare by writing more and more. The flow of information and the way ideas are shared are important. The known IELTS training centers in Dubai use exclusive methods for IELTS writing test preparation.
- Write more on different topics
- Practice writing tests as much as possible
IELTS Reading: Fast reading can help you in scoring well on the reading test in the IELTS exam. There are no ways, other than reading more and more, for preparing for this test.
- Read more and grasp ideas with a single reading
- Read on different subjects
IELTS Listening: IELTS listening can be improved by watching more English movies and shows, and undergoing methodical IELTS training, Dubai.
- Try to understand the core concept discussed
- Make a mental note of important points
- Practice listening more
For more help on IELTS exam preparation, contact us now.